Object Dar't

October 19, 2011

SERIES: 10 Reasons Why an iPhone is an Invaluable Business Tool #10

10. Interface with Computer
automatic synchronization
This is really a no-brainer. You will have nothing but problems if you are functioning with incorrect or outdated information. If you lost your phone and everything was on it - you'd be (excuse my language here) SCREWED. And vice versa if your PC or MAC were wiped out. Backing up data nowadays is a must. And yet so few people do it - especially artists. Again, so many of the artists I meet are technologically illiterate. Not good. But something like an iPhone can facilitate the function of "backing up" effortlessly - removing the mental obstacle of not knowing what to do. Because it does it automatically when you plug your phone into your computer. And again, if you were to send out a communication from your phone - it should be going to the same people and contain the same information if you were to send it from your computer. Right? Well the automatic syncing ensure that this will always be the case. And if one of your pieces of equipment were to be wiped out - guess what? YOU HAVE BACKUP and can still function!

So I hope this series has been informative. I hope you understand now why I consider this silly little phone to be my "Atlas", carrying the weight of my world upon its shoulders. I couldn't live or function effectively without it. And I'm continually amazed at the new solutions this little piece of technology provides for my business and my life. Try to be open minded. Try to embrace an unknown - a technological challenge - like my friend Kathy Hebert. We recently met at the Mountainside Market and in our conversation, I told her about the benefits of this little device. I was so proud of her because not only did she embrace what the iPhone could do for her - she ran to it. She immediately went home and purchased one. Got herself set up with the credit card processor and the phone and away she went. I'm hoping she'll report back to me soon to let me know in what ways the iPhone has changed her life and business. Let's see ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment