Object Dar't

October 12, 2011

SERIES: 10 Reasons Why an iPhone is an Invaluable Business Tool #4

4. It's More than just an Address book

Contacts can be shared with your PC or MAC
 One thing I keep hearing over and over is that effective and successful Artists cultivate their contact lists. That relationships with collectors is a MUST and that this is in large part accomplished through regular, consistent communication with folks on their mailing list. I have to admit that this is the last piece of my puzzle. I have not as yet started my newsletter. My plate is more than overflowing and I use Facebook as my means of communication for the moment. But I have a deadline for myself to get my "mailing list act" together. In preparation for this, I have been using my Address Book to capture email addresses of customers, their snail-mailing addresses, contact numbers AND personal information that I garner through conversation. All this information is vital in keeping my customers straight in my head because frankly - I have A.D.D. I'm lucky I find my way home at night never mind remember everyone I meet! My address books serves as a refresher.

In looking forward at the tasks I will need to accomplish, my Address Book is the foundation. The Address Book syncs with my computer so my phone and my PC communicate with each other and update address and information in BOTH places! That's critical in ensuring that communications are sent to all the same people whether I communicate from my phone or do it from my PC. Your Apple Place has a great tutorial on how to sync your contacts with your PC. It literally couldn't be any easier :) 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, crap. I just remembered I forgot to e-mail the newsletter. Great info! :)

    ReplyDelete