Object Dar't

March 6, 2011

Rutland Print

I know I need to stop painting scenes of Rutland. I can't help it. I love the place. I admit wholeheartedly that the town does not really look the way I paint it. But I paint it the way *I* see it. No, scratch that. I paint it the way I FEEL about it. And honestly, there isn't any real reason I should love it the way I do. It was never a particularly welcoming place and it was certainly never kind to me. But it occurs to me that that has more to do with the people IN the town, than the town itself. Which may explain why I never paint people. LOL!

















Anyway, I was supposed to be doing more paintings of Princeton and I took a little side trip fancy to create this. I scrapped the first version because I had painted several of the fields the wrong tone of color. So this is in fact my second copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment