Object Dar't

February 25, 2011

Princeton Center

I finally finished my painting of Princeton Common!


















In preparation for my exhibit there in October, I have committed to painting several of the buildings/areas of Princeton so that my exhibit will be applicable there. Of course that isn't my only motivation. I love the damn place. It IS both near and dear to my heart - quintessentially New England and a consistent stomping ground of mine throughout my life in Massachusetts. With its winding roads and mountainous terrain, it is an unspoiled haven that has managed to remain in something of a time warp. But best of all is the mountain; Mount Wachusett which looms in the background mute like some Yankee version of Boo Radley in To Kill a Mockingbird



Just to give you a point of reference, here is an old photo of the common. The common has a gazebo center stage with the library and Bagg Hall looming above. Unfortunately there aren't any photos availalbe online of the commons with the gazebo but you get the idea from my painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment