Object Dar't

August 8, 2011

DARing Color Opening Reception

The Wagon Wheels performed acoustically and were AMAZING!
 The DARing Color reception was a great success! Many thanks to all who attended to show support or purchased work. Truly, I couldn't have asked for OR dreamed up a better first show. Many of my friends came and yet I made some new friends - people who just happened into the store and loved my work.  







The highlight of the reception for me - my high school Algebra teacher, Mrs. Komenda, came by the MSM. Best moment EVER to catch up with her after 25+ years and steal a hug from her! She's still as fabulous as ever. She's just one of those people that you can't help but smile and feel good around. Thanks Mrs. K.  


Limited Edition (unframed) prints in both 11x17 and 8x10 are available
 For those of you who didn't make the opening but still wish to buy my work, the show will be up at the MSM through the end of September. I encourage you to take a ride through bucolic Princeton on a sunny day and take the sights in - you won't be disappointed!

Cat & Dog wine tasting....Longue Dog (white) was a real hit!
 I'd like to thank Jill and Kyle Zelley for being gracious hosts. Jill served Marionberry Torte which disappeared quicker than Houdini. It was so yummy, I took a tub home!

Longtime friends, Brian and Gina Fluery, are constantly encouraging me. Thank you both!

My BFFs came out in full force which helped keep my nerves in check.

As the reception wrapped up....
It was a great day. I admit - I crashed the next day. All the excitement and rush caught up with me the way only a "big day" could but even God rested on the 7th day so why not me too? ;)


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Your art is BEAUTIFUL! I'm excited to get my circle journal back to have what you made for me! :) BTW - I wonder when that will be. I've been done with all the books and waiting for mine for some time now. Did you get yours back yet?
    Corine

    ReplyDelete
  2. A request has come by way of Judy for a painting of the Old Stone Church in West Boylston...
    I am sooooo proud of you- even if you are naive (inside joke folks)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Corine...yours went to Mindy SEVERAL months ago! Kelly should have it now. I'm waiting for mine too.
    @Anonymous Tell Judy that I'll get right on it! Love ya :)

    ReplyDelete