Object Dar't

January 8, 2011

December Circle Journal

So the December Circle Journal arrived. The owner, Corine, chose the theme "Faith in Every Footstep" for her journal. It's a beautiful suede 8x8 album with magnetic closure. 

December Circle Journal


Corine's introduction



 Sherri did a beautiful and intensely colored 2-page spread expressing her faith. And she says she's not an artist. BAH!
Sherri's entry




 

 Rosanna's entry is beautiful and feminine - as usual!

Rosanna's entry
 My entry begins here..I decided to use a title page this time as I'm starting to see a trend in the journals - the transition from one artist to another has blurred. A title page with a bit of info (name, date, etc) seemed like an easy solution!

 Corine provided Bazil irridescent paper (8x8) for us to journal upon. As it turns out it accepts watercolor VERY well and gave the added benefit of making the watercolors glittery! Nice effect that I think I'm going to use in the future.

I pulled out the paper so you could see the shimmery quality
My inspiration for my journal entry is an old song I love, entitled "I believe" by Frankie Laine. It so old that probably only your grandparents know it. But it sticks in my head because the words are true for me.

 


3 comments:

  1. i had fun with Corine's journal... and i think that there is NO WAY i could be classified as an artist... however, i am having a grand time expressing myself with colors and such! and the more times i sit down to do something, the easier it's getting... so by the time we are done with this circle journal adventure... i might be at the "okay" status LOL

    your work is fabulous Denyse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See Sherri..didn't I tell you that all you needed to do was sit down and do it? It's like the old expression "How do you get to Carnegie Hall?" (practice, practice, practice!). You don't wake up one morning to find you are Picasso..you take a lifetime to BECOME Picasso!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool to see my journal here along with other great journals in the circle! :D You ladies did a fabulous job on my journal... THANKS SO MUCH! :D Thanks, Denyse, for posting this. I will love having it back after what you have done to it!!! :D

    ReplyDelete